Tuesday 11 October 2016

Visual Connections - Final Crit


This was the idea I come to the final crit with, I still wasn't happy with how it looked but I thought the idea might be in there.

  • Bricks out of scale - not needed
  • Too many spirals on notepad and no other side to them 
  • Fixture could be more ornate? 
  • Could include other language such as a red margin line or a pen or pencil in the spirals
  • Could have a second poster as a stand to carry theme through 
  • Hand drawn text is need for title
So I went away and changed things so it then looked like this: 
This still doesn't have the wow factor even though I like the idea. I decided to leave this project for the time being and come back to it when I had my next holiday from uni. 




* UPDATE* 
Mid Unit Review

In my mid unit review Helen looked through my back up work and said I had a stronger idea in there. So I went back and tried to combine a pencil top with a pint. I had previously tried to create a drawing where the two combined but it didn't work very well and was hard to distinguish what it was meant to be. 


I moved away from the illustrated style and choose to photograph the two. This is the final poster I came up with. I am still not happy with the image quality but I think the idea is a lot stronger and shines through more. 



No comments:

Post a Comment