Friday 23 September 2016

Being a PAL Mentor

This year I helped with Welcome Week as a PAL Mentor for Graphic Design.

I applied to be a PAL mentor this year as I felt my knowledge of the university from first year and foundation year would be helpful to the new intake of students. We had a training day about how to be a mentor and what things we might get asked and how to access support for any students who needed it.

One of the first things we needed to do was to create a welcome booklet to be sent out before the new students started. It was to include some posters from the 'I Wish I Had...' brief that we all worked on last year. I volunteered to collect the posters from people in my year.

I also helped to create the main booklet, along with my fellow PAL which included information such as best food, pubs, bars etc.



These are some Spreads from the PaL's booklet that we all worked on. 



We also held a meeting for the year ones in Welcome week were we all stood up and did a presentation about what to expect during the year and some tips we had found along the way. We made a powerpoint display for this which included some key facts.


No comments:

Post a Comment